||An assortment of articles, etc., from over the years:
- People section, Sports Illustrated, April 13, 1970. About T.U.'s first painting. (4/14/10)
- "Net Gains on the Coconut Beat" by Frank Deford, Sports Illustrated, May 10, 1965. (4/14/10)
- Interview with T.U. on Danish Radio program Besøgtid.(in danish.) (3/16/09).
- Two T.U. tribute pages on Facebook: Torben Ulrich - Appreciation of a true all rounder and Torbenism.
- Article in Tennis Best magazine by Corrado Erba. (pdf; in italian) (2/15/09)
- "Journey of a Lifetime", by Matt Williams, Deuce Magazine, June 2006.
- T.U. interview by Ken Thomas of RadioTennis.com, Feb. 19, 2006. (no longer online)
- Tennis magazine, "Second Serve: Torben Ulrich", by Allen St. John, June 2005.
- Reference to T.U. in a Deuce magazine article about Gavin Rossdale
of the band Bush, by Murphy Jensen, Spring, 2005.
- "Tro mig...man kan ikke stole på sproget" (a blog) (in danish), May 4, 2005.
- "I Did Not Know That, That's Some Wild Stuff" (a blog), April 2005.
- "The Tennis Week Interview: Torben Ulrich," by Richard Pagliaro, April 15, 2005.
- "Who Was That Bearded Man?" An interview with T.U. by Leah Weathersby of Amazon.com about the film "Some Kind of Monster", and other subjects, Jan. 28, 2005.
- "den legende menneske", by Ane Nordentoft in the Danish magazine reflexioner,
December 2004. (in danish.) Includes a nice photo of T.U. playing.
- "Enter Sandman's Dad", a blog by Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated, Oct. 1, 2004.
- "Torben Ulrich, Metal Gandalf,", a blog after the release of "Some Kind of Monster", July 2004.
- "En Fin Balance," Euroman, June 26, 2003. (in danish.)
- "Philosophy and absorption," Play The Game Conference magazine, 2000.
(.pdf; opens in new window.)
- "The Zen Master of Tennis," Seattle Weekly, June 12, 1991.
- "Net Name-dropping," Pacific Magazine, The Seattle Times, May 31, 1987.
- "Torben Ulrich – Athlete And Sage," Tennis Week, Aug. 11, 1983.
- "The Ageless Guru of Tennis," Pastimes, January 1976.
- "New Wrinkle for Some Old Faces," Sports Illustrated, April 8, 1974.
(About the Tennis Grand Masters Tour.)
- "Trying the Dance of Shiva," Sports Illustrated, Aug 13, 1973.
- "The Not-So-Melancholy Dane," Sports Illustrated, April 7, 1969. PDF version.
- A video clip from Danish television showing part of a match with Kurt Nielsen and T.U.
playing Tony Trabert and Victor Seixas in the 1954 Danish championships. (click on "kurt nielsen og torben ulrich".) (plays well with realplayer.)
Some books with references to T.U.:
- "Udspil – samtaler med Torben Ulrich" by Lars Movin, 2004.
Interviews with T.U. about his life. In Danish.
- "Dynamite Doubles" by Helle Sparre Viragh and Jim Schock, 2004.
References to T.U. as inspiration.
- "Jazz, bold & buddhisme", by T.U., edited by Lars Movin, 2003.
An anthology of T.U.'s writings, from the 1940s to the 2000s, including interviews
with "eyewitnesses" about each time period and scene.
- "Tennis for Dummies" by Patrick McEnroe with Peter Bodo, 1998.
The amazon.com listing includes a page about T.U. and practicing against the wall.
- "Too Soon to Panic" by Gordon Forbes, 1997.
Follow-up to "A Handful of Summers" (listed below), covering tennis eras
from Ashe to Agassi.
- "Days of Grace" by Arthur Ashe and Arnold Rampersad, 1994.
A couple of references to T.U., viewable in this amazon.com listing.
- "Remembrances of Games Past" by John Sharnik, 1986.
About the Tennis Grand Masters tour.
- "Powers of Mind" by Adam Smith, 1982.
T.U. featured in "The Sweet Music of the Strings," part of the chapter
"Sport is a Western Yoga."
- "A Handful of Summers" by Gordon Forbes, 1978.
About the tennis tour in the 1950s and '60s. Quite a bit about T.U.