||This is a single page for checking for
recent(-ish) additions or changes to this site.
T.U.'s ongoing projects (as of Nov. 23, 2022):
- A book about T.U.'s paintings. With essays by T.U., Lars Movin and Jens Tang Christensen. To be published by Spring Publishing, Denmark. Estimate release date: 2023.
- Liner notes for "Leaping, Looping: Before The Call".
- Paintings: A new series of prints.
- Music: A new album with Søren Kjærgaard.
- June 29, 2022: T.U. in conversation with psychology Prof. Svend Brinkmann on Danish Radio P1. Online here. (In Danish)
- This site has been updated to include more information about T.U.'s dance activities, along with expanded pages about painting exhibitions.
- An overview of the activities in Denmark in October 2018, around the release of T's new book, "Boldens øjne, værens ben: Notater langs idrættens spalte(n)de veje" (“Eyes of the Ball, Bones of Being: Notations along the divisive ways of athletics”) along with "Et vækkeur i Cecil Taylors flygel - tekster om jazz, 1945-2005" ("An alarm clock in Cecil Taylor's grand piano: Writings on jazz, 1945-2005"), an anthology of T.U.'s music writings, plus the premiere of "Leaping, Looping: Before The Call" and "Værens rum, spillets mærker", a solo exhibition of new paintings and prints.
- Link to the video blog by Swedish journlist Mats Ögren Wanger about T.U. from October 2018, "Torben Ulrich: 90 years of tennis & art".
- T.U. nominated for the 2018 Danish Cultural Minister's Sports Prize “as an active elite practitioner whose philosophical thoughts about sport have put your imprint on the Danish sports landscape, shedding light on existential aspects of sport and giving sport a new meaning for practitioners and spectators.”
Film & video
- English translation posted of Mikkel Frantzen's essay, "Torben Ulrichs kropskrystal: Om tid, bevægelse og krop i Jørgen Leths Motion Picture" ("Torben Ulrich's body crystal: About time, movement and body in Jørgen Leth's Motion Picture" in the journal Krystalbilleder.
- "Leaping, Looping: Before The Call", a film by T.U. and Rick New, premiered Oct. 11, 2018, at The Cinemateque in Copenhagen.
- "Teaser" to "PLAY", a film (in progress) about T.U., by Andreas Johnsen of Rosforth.
- T.U. received the Dan Turèll Medal, a culture prize awarded annually to an artist whose work best represents the spirit of the writings of the Danish poet.
- "Boldens øjne, værens ben: Notater langs idrættens spalte(n)de veje" (“Eyes of the Ball, Bones of Being: Notations along the divisive ways of athletics”), by T.U. and with a foreword by Lars Movin, published by Forlaget Spring, Copenhagen, Oct. 4, 2018. Left-page songlines in English, right page text in Danish (one side is not a translation of the other).
- "Et vækkeur i Cecil Taylors flygel - tekster om jazz, 1945-2005" ("An alarm clock in Cecil Taylor's grand piano: Writings on jazz, 1945-2005"), an anthology of T.U.'s music writings, edited and with a foreword by Lars Movin, published by Asger Schnacks Forlag, Copenhagen, Sept. 21, 2018. In Danish.
- T.U. included with Peter Laugesen and Dan Turèll in Lars Movin's chapter "Denmark’s To Beat or Not to Beat: Turèll, Ulrich, Laugesen" in The Routledge Handbook of International Beat Literature (2018). See Lars' note in his Facebook post.